Frequently Asked Questions
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are available M-F 9am – 6pm (ET)
PO Box 1459
Mountainside, NJ 07092
How does FeeFighters work?
The FeeFighters auction process takes the form of three simple steps. These steps are illustrated in the graphic below. For more details on how it works please visit our Product Tour page.
How much will I save?
Our credit card processing comparison typically saves merchants like you an average of 40% on their credit card processing bills.
We can’t think of a faster and easier way to add to a merchant’s bottom line.
What do you mean by “auction?”
We are able to find you a better deal on credit card processing by allowing processors to compete for your business (just like LendingTree does for home loans). This competition takes the form of a “reverse” auction where you enter your information and credit card processors bid for your business.
After all of your bids are in, our software goes to work to compare these bids for you and show you which one is the least expensive.
How do you protect me?
We require credit card processors that bid on our system to:
- Use transparent pricing (learn more)
- Provide transparent statements for the length of your tenure as a customer
- Provide contracts with no cancellation fees and no hidden fees
We also complete extensive diligence on all processors on our site before they are allowed to bid for your business. This helps us to ensure that only the best companies in the country are able to win your business.
How can this service be free?
We get paid by the winning processor only if you choose one and decide to sign up with them. Since the processors pay us, we can keep the service free for businesses.
What happens when I click “Select”?
By selecting a processor on FeeFighters you are not entering into any kind of contract, you are merely asking to be introduced to that processor. Since we Respect your privacy this is the only time when we will ever communicate your information to a third party.
We give you the processors’ contact information and we give your contact information to the processor. We also will provide you with the paperwork that you need to get setup with the processor. The paperwork can be tricky, so the processor will follow up to ensure that you get setup properly.
The processors on FeeFighters know that you have been promised a special deal and are obligated to honor it. After you have begun working with the new processor FeeFighters will continuously audit your statements to ensure that you are still getting the great deal that you were promised initially.
What information do I need to complete your form?
In order to make bids from processors as accurate as possible, we ask for information regarding your credit card processing needs such as:
- Business name, address and owners names and addresses
- A rough estimate of the percentage of your sales broken into: in-person, online, mail-order, over the phone
- A rough estimate of your monthly volume and average transaction size
- If you currently accept credit-cards (this is optional): Previous month credit-card processing statement (Fax or PDF)
How long does your process take?
- It should take about 2 or 3 minutes to complete our form, at which point you will be presented with instant bids from the processors in our marketplace who have pre-qualified to bid for your business.
- Review the bids at your leisure, and select one at any time. If you have questions, don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.
- Once you have selected a bid, we help connect you with your new processor. The paperwork and underwriting can take a few days, but the processors on the FeeFighters marketplace have excellent customer service and work hard to make this final stage go as quickly as possible.
How can I get started?
Ready to get started? Just click the button below.
Do you sell my information to the processors?
We don’t sell your information to the processors who bid on our site (or to anyone else). We only pass along your contact information to the winning bidder when you choose one (so you can connect and close the deal).
What if I am not ready to start an auction?
If you aren’t ready to start an auction but want to know if you are currently getting a good deal (or what a good deal is if you are a new merchant) you can use our Credit Card Processing Calculator.
The credit card processing calculator is a free tool (just like our auction) that will quickly let you know if you are getting a good deal on your processing or what a good deal looks like for your business.
What have other customers said about you?
Here are a couple of testimonials from our customers that we have received and we continue to receive more every day.
“We were really under the gun to get our app out to the world and obtaining a merchant account was holding us up. When I found FeeFighters, it was a dream come true. It relieved a lot of the stress we were feeling, which meant a lot to us. I highly recommend FeeFighters.”
– Chris Winn (Co-Founder of Bloom Apps)
“FeeFighters saved us 200 basis points, about 50%, on our credit card processing and it only took 30 minutes. FeeFighters makes shopping for credit card processing painless and for that we are very appreciative.”
– Michael Farb (Co-Founder of CaptainU)
Why did you start FeeFighters?
Our own frustration (we’ve been in your shoes) with the financial services shopping process showed us that there was a need for a better way to procure small business financial services. When we didn’t find anything that we deemed to be doing a good job of solving this problem we decided to build FeeFighters.
How can I contact you?
Sure! You can reach us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, via phone at (877) 890-1170 or via mail at 200 S Wacker Drive; 15th Floor; Chicago, IL 60606.
Am I obligated to choose one of the bidders?
- No! At no point in the process are you obligated to do anything. If you just are curious, or are shopping around, or don’t like the bids you get and decide not to choose one, that’s perfectly fine with us.
- Once you have selected a processor then we release your contact information to the processor you chose so that they can begin the sign up process. If at any point you change your mind, that’s perfectly fine.
- However, you will have to sign a contract to establish your merchant account with that processor. Fortunately, all the processors on FeeFighters are required to have a zero-cancellation-fee policy. If you want to quit and close your account with them, you can do it and cancel the contract at any time without penalty.
Does FeeFighters work outside of the United States?
FeeFighters is able to help businesses in the United States and Canada. (Puerto Rico, US Virgin Islands, Guam and US Commonwealths are excluded, sorry!)
How do the FeeFighters get paid? (ie Where’s the catch?)
We live by the principle of transparency. Therefore we’re not ashamed to tell you we only get paid if you choose a processor you like, who will save you money. When you win, we win.
FeeFighters guarantees that there is no catch! We make the process of finding a great processor simpler and faster for business owners, while providing a lower cost of acquisition to processors who can offer our users a better deal since their sales costs are diminished.
I’m a processor. How do I get on the FeeFighters marketplace?
In order to make the FeeFighters marketplace as competitive as possible, we encourage processors to contact us. Keep in mind:
- Only transparent pricing is allowed
- There can never be cancellation fees or hidden fees
Please email us at email@example.com to receive more information.